Sunday 27 April 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - seventeen


Big blue skies, fluffy white clouds, yellow crops stretching to the horizon. Travelling home from a weekend visiting family.


Wonderful French fashion papers from 1912 and 1924. I have borrowed them from a very kind friend who thought I would enjoy a closer look. I am doing!


Beautiful blossom and blue sky (which disappeared later that day)!


A lovely day out with friends in Saltaire. Part of an installation in Salt's Mill. The prints are based on Japanese Kimonos.


Still enjoying my Easter eggs. This bunny (covering an egg) was a lovely Easter gift from friends.


Happy Birthday Dad!


Pile of giant Yorkshire puddings that the chefs kindly artfully arranged and illuminated for me! Part of a delicious Sunday lunch with family.

8 comments:

  1. Those early 20th century fashion papers are seriously lovely. To think, something so delicate has survived for around a century. It's positively inspiring! How sweet of your friend to lend them to you and for you to in turn share a photo of them with us. What's your favourite fashion look from them?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very lucky that my friend had thought to both show me the papers and to let me borrow them for a closer look. I am amazed that they are in such good condition. It is difficult to choose a favourite look, I have only narrowed it down to the 1920's fashions so far!

      Delete
  2. They are some seriously large Yorkshire puddings! Love the French fashion papers, bet there are some wonderful illustrations in there. Favourite picture is the train candle holder. Had one of those as a child :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still looking through the fashion papers, there is so much to see! My sister owns the train candle holder but it bought back such happy memories that I need to look out for one myself!

      Delete
  3. The train with the candles is a lovely idea indeed!
    I hope that we have sun all day today!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I found the train in my sister's candle tin and thought it would be perfect.

      Delete
  4. Mmm, yorkshire puddings - I need to make some! A whole pile of them too! Yum. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! Must make them more often myself!

      Delete