Monday 12 May 2014

Seven snaps for seven days - nineteen

Only six pictures again this week. I did have seven but the computer seems to have eaten one and I had already deleted it from my phone. I won't be doing that again!


Putting away a few recent vintage finds. A couple of knitting patterns, a knitting book, some glass buttons, a selection of blue plastic buttons and two reels of thread - parrot blue and frog green. I love those names!


Noticed that the apple tree has started to blossom.


Spending some time with my sister and my niece.


Looking through some 1960's and 1970's fabric that my mum gave me, getting organised for patchwork group at the weekend.


The computer is trying to eat the bottom half of this photo too but again, I already deleted the original. An evening out at a ceilidh, doing all the dances and listening to a great band.


Spent the morning baking ready for hosting patchwork group. My first attempt at coffee and walnut cake, was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness, does that cake look scrumptious. Walnuts used to be such a mainstream cake ingredient (and/or topping), but one sees them so infrequently these days. I think that they deserve a revival, don't you?

    I was thinking of you two Saturdays ago, as I picked up some vintage knitting patterns (to be listed in my shop in the near future) which I suspect you'd like.

    Speaking of Etsy shops, I was sincerely touched when you shared with you that me opening up mine has helped encourage you to want to do the same as well. Please let me know right away if you, so that I can spread the good word near and far.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, it was the walnut part of the cake that attracted me more than the coffee part! I actually don't like coffee as a drink but I do like it as a flavour in cake!

      How great that you found some knitting patterns, I will be eagerly looking out for them in your shop. Thank you so much for your support. I have been thinking for a long while that I should put some of my knitwear on Etsy and see how it goes. I think I even mentioned it in a couple of blog posts but I have not got over the nervousness about it until round about now. I think I will set aside some time to seriously work on preparing it like you have done.x

      Delete
  2. That looks like a really lovely week. Patchwork Club sounds great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patchwork Club really is fun! It feels like a lovely link to the past as that was the way many quilts were made. Sometimes I haven't managed to make any hexagons between meetings so it is great to have a bit of time dedicated just to them.

      Delete