Saturday 21 February 2015

Snood day


I am going to start with a confession. I really should have washed my hair this morning. In fact, I really should have washed my hair yesterday morning. But on both occasions staying in bed that bit longer and not having to fight with the hair dryer won out. I know that washing and drying your hair isn't really that much of an effort in the great scheme of things but some days, actually, it just is. My usual dirty hair day style is a quiff and a pony tail, I get a great 50's look and it holds better if your hair isn't freshly washed. By dirty hair, I do mean three or four days, not weeks and weeks on end However, this morning I wanted a change so I had a little think.....


and I realised - snood day! The perfect solution to a less than perfect hair day! I intend to learn to crochet so that I can make my own snoods but to tide me over until that day I have a couple that I bought from a seller on Ebay. This one is emerald green. Please excuse the not great photo quality, they are all taken on my camera phone as I didn't have my camera to hand.



Such a quick and easy solution - a bit of rolling at the front, a few kirby grips, tuck the rest into the snood, a few more kirby grips and done!  So, snoods - the way forward for those who want those extra precious minutes asleep!


Look at all that beautiful woolly goodness and gorgeous ribbon behind me. Thank you Ribbon Circus, purveyors of the finest haberdashery!


I paired my snood with my dark teal velvet dress (I love a velvet dress) and purple cardigan, grey tights and purple shoes.


These are the shoes that I wore on my wedding day so they have very happy memories in every step!

16 comments:

  1. You are rocking that emerald snood so fabulously, dear Kate. It looks gorgeous with your dark locks. What sort of colours would you like to make if you crochet some snoods yourself? I have about 14 or so different coloured snoods and can honestly say, I wear them all at least once or twice a season, but certain hues like dark green, a cafe latte-esque shade, and white really seem to get a lot of play, at least in the last couple of years.

    Tons of hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica. I like the sound of your colour wardrobe of snoods. They must look great all together. I have a teal one and a flamingo one at the moment. If I was making my own then mustard and chartreuse would be top of the list followed by cream, burnt orange and purple. I think those colours would suit both my hair and my wardrobe!

      Delete
  2. Looking fabulous Katie. I have a lovely knitted snood pattern if you want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. Yes please to the knitted snood pattern. Even better than learning to crochet!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Some days it is so worth it to stay in bed a little extra and I'd have to say your solution is an excellent one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inky. I am glad I'm not the only one who sometimes wants a bit longer in bed!

      Delete
  4. That is a jolly good solution! And good luck with the crocheting. It's something I can't do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to crochet before but I find it really awkward, I suppose because I am used to knitting. I want to crack it this year though. Have you tried it?

      Delete
  5. Super cute snood! I have yet to make or get a snood, and I recently chopped my hair, so I may have to wait a bit before it's even possible to wear again! I want another dirty hair day option, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my hair is only just long enough now but maybe there is a way to style one on shorter hair.

      Delete
  6. Cute snood! I love the look of them, but can't crochet either. This pattern has been on my to-knit list for a while: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knitted-snood It's a 1940's pattern for a knitted snood and has a similar look to the crocheted ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern. I will be giving it a go.

      Delete
  7. I love Snoods..I love snoods that make your dirty hair go away and you look awesome :) Great post, you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, magic dirty hair hiders!

      Delete
  8. really cute. I need to grow my hair so I can explore snoods
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete